Open Primaries, a national 501c4 nonprofit political reform organization, is seeking a Senior Director of National Organizing.
Open Primaries’ mission is to advocate for open and nonpartisan primary systems, counter efforts to impose closed primaries, educate voters, train and support spokespeople, and participate in the building of local, state and national open primaries coalitions. The SD of National Organizing will be responsible for developing and implement organizing campaigns and strategies designed to grow and cultivate our national supporter base, identify and train local and state leaders, expand our donor base, and interact with spokespeople.
The position is based in New York City.
The National Organizer will be responsible for every aspect of expanding, organizing, educating, and cultivating our supporter base. We are looking for a highly skilled candidate who combines grassroots intensity and know-how with digital savvy, political skills, and campaign experience.
You will have a staff of 3 plus an internal phone bank under you, and you will be expected to design and carry out:
- Social media, email, video, website outreach and engagement
- Phone outreach campaigns
- Telephone town hall meetings
- State based voter activation campaigns
- Grassroots lobbying/petitioning efforts
- Minimum of 6 years of professional leadership experience, in a relevant field such as political organizing, political reform organizations, etc. Senior political experience is required.
- Previous experience providing political and operational support to senior leadership.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organizational and personal skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leader and effective team manager.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.