- Democratic congressional and state primaries: closed
- Republican congressional and state primaries: closed
- Democratic Presidential primary: closed
- Republican Presidential primary: closed
- Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party, however, affiliation with a party is required to vote in primary elections.
- 27% of registered voters in Florida are not registered with one of the two major political parties.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- Voters must affiliate with a party to vote in primary elections. However, if all the candidates for an office have the same party affiliation and the winner of the primary election will not face opposition in the general election (i.e. no write-in candidates have qualified), then all registered voters can vote for any of the candidates for that office in the primary election.
- Voter registration closes 29 days before the election.