Posted by Christina Putz on October 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Campaign Spotlight: Support Open Primaries in Oregon - Vote YES on Ballot Measure 90
Over 650,000 registered voters in Oregon are shut of voting in primary elections. That means that over 31% of all voters in the state don’t have a say in which candidates will advance to the general election.
You can do something about that. By voting YES on Ballot Measure 90 you can give everyone a say.
Replacing party primaries with open primaries will allow voters to make decisions based on a candidate’s merit and ideas, rather than their party affiliation.
Click the videos above to watch our ads in support of Measure 90.
Please vote YES on Measure 90. Use your vote to give everyone the right to vote.
On November 4th, Oregonians will be voting on Ballot Measure 90. We need to reach voters to approve this measure, and provide Oregon with a powerful opportunity to let everyone’s voice be heard. Here’s how you can help:
- Send emails to people you know – we need you to show your support! Forward our Measure 90 campaign videos (above) and articles on measure 90 (below) to your friends and family to help spread the word:
- Willamette Week’s 2014 Voters’ Guide
- "The top-two primary and the 'corporate greed' diversion: Editorial agenda 2014", by The Oregonian Editorial Board
- "Oregon open-primary measure an important part of a national movement: Guest opinion" by Jackie Salit, President of IndependentVoting.Org, and Paul Johnson, former Mayor of Pheonix
- If you’d like to participate in the campaign by putting up a lawn sign, volunteering to go door to door, handing out information, etc., send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and a campaign activist will be in touch!
Click here for more information about Measure 90 and Open Primaries’ campaign in Oregon.