- Democratic congressional and state primaries: open
- Republican congressional and state primaries: open
- Democratic Presidential primary: open
- Republican Presidential primary: open
- Optional party affiliation. Voters are given the option to affiliate or not to affiliate with a political party on the registration form.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- All voters may choose which party ballot they will vote on. They are held to that affiliation in the case of a runoff election.
- An unaffiliated voter may decide not to participate in either party's primary and will be given the amendments/referendum ballot only.
- Voter registration closes 30 days before the primary election.