- Democratic congressional and state primaries: mixed
- Republican congressional and state primaries: mixed
- Democratic Presidential primary: mixed
- Republican Presidential primary: mixed
- Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party, however, affiliation with a party is required to vote in primary elections.
- 29% of Kansas voters are registered unaffiliated.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- Party members must vote on their party's primary ballot.
- Unaffiliated voters may register with a party on primary day to vote in that party's primary.
- An unaffiliated voter may decide not to participate in either party's primary and will be allowed to vote on any nonpartisan questions on the ballot.