- Democratic congressional and state primaries: closed
- Republican congressional and state primaries: closed
- Democratic Presidential primary: closed
- Republican Presidential primary: closed
- Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party, however, affiliation with a party is required to vote in primary elections.
- 9% of Kentucky voters are registered unaffiliated or other.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- Only voters affiliated with a party may vote in that party's primary or caucus.
- If a voter is registered as “Other”, they are eligible to vote in nonpartisan city and judicial primary elections only.
- Voter registration closes 29 days before a primary election.
- A registered voter may change their political party registration at any time on or before December 31st to remain eligible to vote in the following primary election.