- Democratic congressional and state primaries: mixed
- Republican congressional and state primaries: mixed
- Democratic Presidential primary: mixed
- Republican Presidential primary: mixed
- Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party.
- 56% of Massachusetts voters are not enrolled with a political party.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- Unaffiliated voters may choose one party's primary ballot to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
- Party members must vote on their party's ballot.