- Democratic congressional and state primaries: open
- Republican congressional and state primaries: closed
- Democratic Presidential primary: open
- Republican Presidential primary: closed
- Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party at voter registration.
Details of voting in congressional and state primary elections:
- The Democratic Party allows party members and unaffiliated voters to participate in their primaries. Voting in the Democratic Primary does not alter unaffiliated status.
- Only registered Republicans are allowed to participate in the Republican primary.
- Voter registration closes 15 days before the primary election.